Thursday, September 9, 2010

Take My Hand and Bring Me to Places Unseen

What did I do this week? I went to school, came home, slowly dulled my brain in a virtual world, and talked to one person in particular throughout the week consistently. When things become that set in stone, when I can sum up not one day but seven in a single sentence I feel like I'm failing. I feel like with consistency you lose the facets of life that matter and provide joy. It's not to say I didn't derive some form of joy from any of those activities, but all the same it's never in the strict regime do people flourish and find greatness.

Regime.

Has it come to the point where I consider daily life a regime? I'd like to think otherwise, as I've said to people before, I really like the latin phrase, "Respice, Adspice, Prospice". It means, look behind, look here, look ahead. People look behind to determine their mistakes and to then apply their knowledge to the now and the future, and also to enjoy moments past. People look to the present to provide for themselves an enjoyable future, and attempt to make life better by not repeating past unfavorable actions. They look to the future because that's the one thing can yield everything we desire. Anything people can want to have, see, or do is contained within the future and it's what we toil for by living out our present, and reliving our past.

Back to how that relates, I look the at past, and when I look at the present I see the same shit. I think the future will continue to be more of the same, because of the past trend.

I want somebody to grab my hand and take me somewhere new, not everyday, but bring my life out of the small realm it's contained in, and to show me what more there is. I cannot do it alone, but I cannot find anyone, or maybe I should say anyone cannot find me.

I want something more, but it's a pseudo game of where's waldo where the typical man in the stripes is an object I've yet to pick, making it a rather hard game.

No comments:

Post a Comment