Monday, September 13, 2010

Another Reflection

I'm sitting here this morning with a seemingly infinite gap of time between now, and ten minutes until I need to go downstairs and head to school. It seems as good a time as any to go ahead and put up a short ten minute reflection on the general state of things, that's why people read this if they even do, they have a concern for my general state of things and my outlook on them.

The weekend, absolutely incredible. I met what felt like an old friend I knew for years for the first time on Saturday and realized a handful of things. The most pertinent being I'm far from alone. Sometimes you think your problems are unique, your thoughts are unique, your feelings, emotions, and insight, all unique. But they are far from it. Unlikely people in unlikely places with parallel you when you least expect it, and it's both humbling and gratifying to know no matter what, somebody has definitely been where you have, and by extension, there has been someone who has been where you are and persevered. An enjoyable day all around, Saturday was not so much insightful as it was just fun, but I'm one to try and make something of nothing, so finding more than there really was is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Sunday was a wonderful trek through a Mountain I never knew existed, one perched just at the end of Lake. I appreciate that I was brought to this location, I greatly appreciate the company I was given because like no other right now, I confide in this person greatly for they listen and retort in a manner I like to listen to. The silence only provided times in which important things could echo, and it was a balance between silence, the natural beauty and the times of conversation that made it a really good experience for me. In addition, the ruins of something greater made me realize the short handed power of people, in that we can be as far reaching to scale mountains and plant atop them lavish resorts, but all the same it is "The Human Condition" that many things we make and do are short lived.

In that sense should we strive to make our products last longer? I think I want to only make my products last long enough to be remembered, that would be good enough.

I'm really sad thinking about this and now I'm going to go to school all dismayed, but a year from now I won't see you. Should I ever see you again, it will be in a very long time. I don't like that, not at all, but there's nothing that can be done, and days like yesterday make me want to hike all the time with you regardless of heat, regardless of other people, and regardless of lack of water. All I can say is thank you, it's the most I've received from someone in a long time, even though you may not have realized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment