Saturday, October 9, 2010

Insecurities

I've been thinking about that word, and a question attached to it, what are my insecurities. I think about others often these days, and really everyone I know has the outward appearance of a "tough hide" so to speak, seemingly emotionally impenetrable. But I've found that there really is something that everyone has doubt in themselves about, and it's those things that when prodded produce sincere hard feelings.

There's common ones surely many people have, like appearance, intelligence, empathy, or even friendships to be insecure about, you can see these often in fact. When you get down to it, being insecure is really just over thinking one trait enough so to think your deficient in it. I can say I've never discovered somebodies secret guarded insecurity treasure chest, and found within it something the person truly should be concerned about. So if I can see and sense that insecurities stem from over thought, which I tend to think is something I consistently do, why can't I pinpoint anything I do that consistently enough about to call it my very own insecurity?

Yeah yeah teen belly-acheing, but mine is like, opposite complaining. I'm complaining I have nothing definitive that plagues me to complain about. Certainly I've come to find some things that irk me, some more than others, but a lasting feeling that drags on like a ball and chain around the ankle, day in and day out, I can't really find anything definitive inside looking out. I mean sure, who the hell wants to be insecure about something, it's just burdensome. But at the same time it's a personal goal really, something everybody can instantly say they could better themselves in. If you think your appearance is bad, then there's a lot you can do to remedy that, same for any of those things really. I sort of feel like a lot of things arn't perfect to be sure, and so an easy thing to point at and say, "Yeah, hey, you know clearly this is what's wrong" would provide so much insight towards how to approach things better.

Could my insecurity be rooted in that I always think I'm slightly off base and that through perpetual efforts to better myself slightly I hope to land on target? I didn't actually consider that at the beginning of this post but now the more I consider it, the truer it seems to be. Who's to say really, not me since I questioned even having a noticeable insecurity, but surely time will tell.

Is it best to attempt to remedy insecurities, or to come to terms with them and lose the feeling altogether? With remedy comes some sort of improvement, but who's to say embarking on that journey is a beneficial one.

Sincerely,

The bitchy ramblings of an under-stimulated mind

No comments:

Post a Comment